Monday, January 10, 2011

If you are lucky enough to live on the river, you are lucky enough.

This is my first attempt to bring alive the beauty of the St. Joe River through my "attempt" at doing a blog. Please be patient, I have been drug into this kicking and screaming because I have never looked at the computer as a friend. However, I do have a gift for gab and can write on and on so THAT part should be very easy. Our B&B, which is also our home is located on the shores of the St. Joe which starts miles and miles northeast of our location and flows past our home emptying into the southern end of the Coeur d'Alene Lake. To look at the river, it seems very lazy and slow flowing but don't let that fool you. In the spring during the run-off we will see logs, docks, even buildings swiftly moving along at rapid speed. Even during the summer months the water flows through at high speed keeping it clean and fresh, along with making our attempt of paddling UP the river (against the flow) quite a workout. However this is not only enjoyable and scenic, it is great exercise. Shortly after we moved here my travel clients learned that my "office life" had drastically changed. I could answer the phone very professionally..."House of Travel, may I help you" but the taletale sign that I was not sitting in a hot, stuffy office was the swishing of the waves made by the paddling or a boat driving by with the passengers calling a cheerful greeting. Oh Oh, busted!!!

I am not paddling on the river during this season but am gazing at the beauty of the snow which has fallen along the banks and on the frozen water making it look like a winter wonderland. Each season holds its own beauty and is a daily reminder of just how awesome and creative God is. I am very blessed to be living in what has many times been referred to as God's Country and the longer I am here the more I fall in love with area. I look forward to sharing it with you. It may just convince you to join us, and we encourage you to do that. Check out our website www.stjoeriverbb.com and pick out your room. Then pull up a chair, forget all your cares and allow yourself to fall into RIVERTIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment