Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Beauty of Winter in North Idaho

Winter is always a time to slow down a little in life and just take the time to appreciate all the beauty just waiting to be enjoyed.


This picture is of Cherry Creek, just a little creek that runs into the St. Joe that I have the pleasure of walking by every day when I take our dog JayJay for his walk..which is the highlight of his day. Yesterday it was so cold that you could actually view the tiny little frozen flakes that were spread along the weeds in the field. It looked like tiny diamonds just scattered all over. Truly amazing, plus it made me forget just how cold it is when the thermometer is hovering at 18 degrees.

I will have to admit, I do not enjoy winters nearly as much as I do summer as I like warmth and carefree days. But when the sky is blue, frost or snow on the ground and a peace that is unexplainable, well, that is what it is. Just unexplainable and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment